Re: html tidy

From: Matthew Brealey <webmaster@richinstyle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:29:46 -0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

> > What possible reason would you have for empty tags?  What are you trying to
> > style when there is nothing to style inside the tags?
>
> With DHTML (the DOM) you can add content.

Another reason is that you can use style sheets to style the empty
element. One of the reasons I won't let Tidy loose on the
RichInStyle.com test suite (http://richinstyle.com/test) is that it
takes exception to things like <div style="background: red; height:
100px; width: 100px; border: solid; float: left">, dropping them and
making the test page useless.