Re: HTML Tidy pages are failing to display in Mozilla M14

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:47:56 -0600
To: html-tidy@w3.org

In a message dated 3/20/00 10:01:18 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
srauch@u.washington.edu wrote:

>  While I cannot speak to the cause of this problem in Mozilla, I do know
it
>  is not limited to Mozilla. I have seen the same problem in M14 on NT and
>  Linux. Although viewing source shows the HTML file, it does not display
in
>  the browser. But a problem was first pointed out to me by someone
running
>  IE4.5 on a Macintosh. His browser displayed the raw source code.
>
>  In all cases, the page could be displayed correctly in the browser by
>  removing the xml declaration on line 1 of the file.

Same problem - same fix - for me.  After removing the line 1 XML
declaration
line on my pages, they ran perfectly on a MAC 8500 using IE 4.5 whereas
they
only displayed the source code on this machine before the fix.  They still
validate in the W3C XHTML 1.0 and URW XML Validators.

James Pickering
Tucson, Arizona
jamesicus@aol.com

Tools and Information for producing well-formed web pages
http://members.aol.com/jamesicus/wf.htm