Tidy removing empty tags

From: <susan_levine@peoplesoft.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:45:34 -0600
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi all--

Another question about Tidy behavior.  I have a custom tag that I want to
include in my HTML, that I need to be empty.  I.e.,...

My tag is defined in the config file as:
     new-blocklevel-tags: mytag

If I put some dummy content in between the open and close tags it works
fine, but if they're empty the node.trimEmptyElement() method removes my
tags.  Is there anything I can do about this?  I've tried many combinations
of empty, inline, and blocklevel tag definitions, and haven't stumbled on
the right combination.

Thank in advance,