Re: [Moderator Action] Scripts elimination

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Suresh Dussa wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am writing an application which is supposed to remove
> Java/VB/ASP/Php scripts from an HTML page. Can anyone please
> give me some insight as to how do I do the same using html-tidy
> software.?
>
> Presently I am going through Parser.c and PPrint.c files.

Basically this could be done via a modified printing routine
in pprint.c, but what are you going to do about scripts like

  if  some condition
      markup for use if the condition is true
  else
      markup for use if the condition is false

You can't pick the right markup unless you know the value of the
condition. Other problems arise from computed values. In short, I
don't think this problem is tractable *in general*.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)