Re: Suggested bug fix: Ignore line breaks in URL attributes

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Randy Waki wrote:

> If a quoted URL attribute value (e.g., href in <a> elements)
> contains a line break, 13-Jan-2000 Tidy changes the line break
> to a space while IE and Netscape discard the line break.  This
> can result in a broken link in the tidied document.

Thanks for the input and the patch. The SGML and XML specs
require the newline to be interpreted as a space, but then
that's just one more example where the browsers depart from
theory. I guess this fix is ok if limited to href and src.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)