Re: Bugs/suggestions

From: Michael Nahrath <subotnik@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:45:45 -0600
To: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>

Parsons, Rick <rick.parsons@eds.com> schrieb am 15.02.2000 10:33 :

> I think that perhaps a fundamental problem highlighted by this posting
> some others of recent weeks is that tidy is getting schizophrenic.
> It is not sure whether it is a
> Pretty-lister
          this is a secondary effect of parsing and re-layouting the HTML
> HTML validator
        definiteley not, a "validator" only uses the DTD by SGNL-rules
        nothing less, nothing more
        TIDY is a "checker" (quite a good one).
> HTML corrector
        Yea, that's great!
> Standards evangelist
        I hope so, otherwise it would be useless.
> CSS generator
        In many cases not advisable.
        It can not bring back stucture to presentational markup
> Slide show presenter
        IMHO this is just a gag and might be done better with other tools.

I agree with you that new and more features have least priority behind
stability and reliability.
Maybe they should rather be started in seperate programs.

Greeting, Michi