split DTD

From: Parsons, Rick <rick.parsons@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:45:45 -0600
To: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>

I have discovered a case where two consecutive passes through tidy, without
change in between, produces different results.

e.g. Using the tidy home page as an example, a pass with wrap: 60 says that
it is type transitional. A second pass says that it is proprietary. This is
probably because the DTD has been wrapped at a space and tidy no longer
recognises it.

This is one more wedge in favour of my proposition that quotes attributes
should be passed through without modification, whatever the wrap options.

Cheers,

Rick Parsons

EDS - TI-CS Bristol GP1-2

Email: mailto:rick.parsons@eds.com