Re: [BUGFIX] Tidy supplies obsolete DOCTYPE

From: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@hem.passagen.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:17:40 +0100
To: "Dave Raggett" <dsr@w3.org>, "HTML Tidy List" <html-tidy@w3.org>
Dave Raggett:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Bertilo Wennergren wrote:

> > I do hope the bug that makes Tidy butcher XHTML Frameset
> > pages gets fixed in the next release. And then there's the
> > "xml:lang" attribute - or was that fixed already??

> Can you please remind me what the XHTML Frameset bug is?

It seems not to recognize frame elements whith a closing "/".
It actually removes them.

Tidy can produce XHTML Frameset docs, but when fed them back
again it cries foul.

I'm not sure which factors are involved. I just tried this
at CYAN, <http://www.chamisplace.com/asp/hk.asp>, checking
the following URL, and this time there was no frame problem:

                         Bertilo Wennergren