Fw: JTidy praise and a question

From: Andy Quick <ac.quick@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:49:59 -0500 (EST)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Would it make sense to add the following snippet of
code to Lexer.fixXMLPI(Node root) after the call to
addStringLiteral("xml version=...") ?

    if (this.configuration.CharEncoding == Configuration.UTF8)
        addStringLiteral(" encoding=\"UTF8\"");
    else if (this.configuration.CharEncoding == Configuration.LATIN1)
        addStringLiteral(" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"");

Could an encoding attribute also be added for ISO2022 or MACROMAN?

Regards,

Andy Quick