Tidy

From: David Goudie <david.goudie@bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 03:01:04 -0500 (EST)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi Dav,

Unfortunately I have a problem with your Tidy on the ultimate test for any
program - being able to decode/interpret a Microsoft data file.

I have been attempting to 'decode' a large microsoft doc file and
fortunately have been able to duplicate the problem in a small test file.

While I use xml and xsl as the basis for my work writing requirements
specifications I do not have a strong insight into all aspects of these
concepts. However, it seems to me that the <o:p> - which usually appears in
<o:p></o:p> pairs - should be passed by Tidy. As always with Microsoft data
files the percentage of 'junk' is large!

I would consider the Microsoft files legitimate candidates for your
program - they display correctly in IE5 - and the detection of errors by
Tidy seems to be context sensitive. Pragmatically I think that Tidy should
be able to detect and 'fix' these errors.

If you have a fix I would be pleased to test it for you - that is, I could
you it as soon as you produce it.

Kind regards

David Goudie