Re: Tidy and XHTML

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:59:21 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
To: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@hem.passagen.se>
cc: html-tidy@w3.org
On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Bertilo Wennergren wrote:

> I've had problems with Tidy and XHTML.
>
> Tidy seems to get things very wrong with XHTML framesets.
> Tags like <frame ... /> are rejected. The final "/>" seems
> to make Tidy upset. Tidy itself however produces such
> frame tags, with "/>", but when fed the code back for a recheck,
> it rejects its own code.
>
> Also the XHTML attribute "xml:lang" is unknown to Tidy.

Many thanks for your feedback.  I have altered FindTag() in tags.c
to deal with this, moving the test for XmlTags to before the
dictionary lookup. I have also updated the way xml is formatted to
suppress line breaks after start tags and before end tags for
elements with mixed content. I have to make a new release with these
fixes soon.

Regards,

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)