nested anchors II, bug report?

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:43:15 +0200
To: HTML Tidy List <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hello Dave,

I think I found what caused the beforementioned parsing error.

Following piece of (false) HTML code...

	<A NAME="test">test<A/>

... gets tidied to:

	<A NAME="test">test<A></A>

And this, of course, is still false, if not worse.

What basically happened: the user made a typo, he accidentally put "<A/>"
instead of "</A>".

I am using the April 2000 version of Tidy on SuSE Linux 6.2 and 6.1.

Could someone please try to verify this? Am I doing something wrong or is
this a bug in tidy?

sebastian
Cyperfection - agentur fuer neue medien GmbH

Sebastian Lange
<mailto:lange@cyperfection.de>
+49-621-587104-22

Karl-Kraemer-Str. 4