Re: JTidy new line processing

From: Andy Quick <ac.quick@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:28:08 -0400
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I guess I should have looked at the XML specification again
before my previous message.  Section 2.11 seems to say that
#xD or #xDxA should be treated as end-of-line and mapped to
#xA when passed to the parser.

I don't see the "consistency" requirement where the line-ends
must be consistent throughout the document.  If that is the case,
tidy would need some sort of pre-parsing pass to determine
what the line-end sequence is before parsing.

Treating #xD as a lineend is a simple change, but what about
the consistency requirement?

Andy Quick