entety problem

From: Lars Oppermann <lars@kurtius-looft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 17:46:29 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hi everybody,

I just ran into the following starnge behaviour:

a html file which is to be transformed to xhtml includes links of the
following type:
"script.cgi?section=value1&someparam=somevalue&part=partid[...]"
                                              ^^^^^
now all the &-character get converted to '&amp;', which is just fine -
but for the last parameter in the get-query, tidy thinks &part is some
kind of typo and transforms it to &part; instead of &amp;part (after
all, &part; is a valid html-entity).
Is this a bug or a feature, and if the latter: how do I disable it?

Thanks a lot,
Lars