Re: Working with Tidy and HTML comments

From: Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:15:06 +0900
To: html-tidy@w3.org
> <!-- END GRAPHIC -->
>
> <!-- SECOND TABLE STARTS HERE -->
>
> Tidy concatinates the two comments like this.
>
> <!-- END GRAPHIC --><!-- SECOND TABLE STARTS HERE
> -->

If this is a problem -- and I suppose that yes, it might impede
legibility -- then I'd just run Tidy's output through some filter.
Being too lazy to do any programming, I don't use perl myself, but I'd
guess that such a perl routine would be easy to write.  The program I
use is the underpublicized and pricy but excellent shareware SNR; it's
easy to write a translation table that for example adds two line breaks
to the middle of any example of "--><!--".

Peter Evans mailto:evans@i.hosei.ac.jp