Meta-Tag put before Title-Tag

From: Nick Read <nickread@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 06:46:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hi, I've noticed what may be a little bug in HTMLTidy.

That when it inserts it's own "meta" tag saying the page was generated by HTMLTidy, it puts it as the first
element in the head, before the "title" tag.

Now I'm sure I've read in the standard that the "title" tag must be the first element in the "head" tag, but
when I read back through the standards (HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0) I could not find such a rule.

If I'm right, then HTMLTidy should put the "title" tag first.
If I'm wrong, then I'm losing my mind and seeing things!

Best Regards,
Nick Read

Hobart, Australia