Re: Tidy as a COM component (was: word 2000 and tidy)

Hello Andre,

I for one would appreciate it, I am still struggling with the output of
tidy going to a doswindow instead of the file I want it in and being
able to use it as oTidy.tidy(configfile,filein,fileout) or
fileout=oTidy(configfile,filein) would make at least my life a lot
easier.

Regards,

Gerrit Kuilder

> Tidy as a COM component (was: word 2000 and tidy)
>
> From: André Blavier (ablavier@wanadoo.fr)
> Date: Fri, May 05 2000

> If there is popular demand, maybe I could write a COM wrapper
> for tidy. Those of you who are interested, let me know.
>
>     -- André Blavier <mailto:ablavier@wanadoo.fr>
>        http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyGUI/
>
> On Fri, 5 May 2000 06:13:55 -0400 (EDT), Gerrit Kuilder
> <gerrit@yours-untildeath.demon.nl> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I found an old thread about how to use tidy to clean up word
> > htm but keep enough information.
> >
> > I am doing it the following way:
> >
> > Save from word as htm,
> > filter the file with 'filter' a command line version of htmfilter
> > which can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com (look for
> > 'htmfilter ms word') this strips out the <o:p></o:p> tags which
> > tidy does not like.
> > Then run tidy on it and end up with <p class ="MsoNormal" etc
> > Which is stuff I can work with.
> >
> > Now the only problem that I need to solve is how can I run tidy
> > from within a VbScript so it's out putgoes to a file and not to the
> >  DOS window
> >
> > Hope this helps,

Gerrit Kuilder    | Tel: +31 (0)20 620 2349
Portalyx b.v.     | Fax: +31 (0)20 421 0064
Windroosplein 110 | Mobile: +31 (0)621 841 360
1018 ZW Amsterdam | E-mail: support@portalyx.com
The Netherlands   | Web: http://www.portalyx.com