Re: Replacement tags

From: DMGoncalves <david@scanlonassociates.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:07:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I hope you can help me.

I am using Tidy with FirstPage 2000 v2.0.

I am trying to design web pages to be fed through an ISAPI dll compiled
under Borland Delphi 5.0.

Delphi's "WebBroker" approach utilizes "replacement tags" following the
convention <#whatever>. That is to say, the tag name always has a leading
pound sign, and anything else goes.

Unfortunately TIDY always automatically replaces my "<" and ">" chars with
"&lt;" and "&gt" , respectively.  It does not even report an error or
warning! Otherwise, I very much appreciate what TIDY does.

I have read the TIDY release notes, web page, and this forum, and I have
tried to follow the instructions, but I still cannot get TIDY to ignore my
custom replacement tags. Whenever I edit config.txt in the TIDY directory,
my changes get discarded.  Regardless, I use so MANY custom tags
(potentially up to 300), I cannot possibly pre-define all of them.

Do you ever foresee the option to NOT automatically replace the < and >
characters?  Or how about just reporting all errors, and not automatically
fixing any?
Or ignoring tags obeying a wildcard convention?
Or is there something simple I'm missing?

I will check this mailing list for replies, but if you cc: your reply to me
at david@artistic.orgI would be very grateful, as time is of the essence.

Thanks in advance, and warm regards,
David Goncalves