Re: Java Tidy Backlog

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:18:34 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
To: Andy Quick <ac.quick@sympatico.ca>
cc: html-tidy@w3.org
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Andy Quick wrote:

> Dave,
>
> The backlog of Java tidy issues is growing a bit faster than I
> can handle them.  Generally speaking, Java tidy is quite stable
> and matches C tidy on a very high percentage of HTML documents.
> However, there are more bug-finders than bug-fixers right now
> :-)
>
> I was wondering if I could ask people to post them to this
> mailing list so that I could increase the potential number of
> bug-fixers.  I would be willing to approve and integrate bug
> fixes into the source code. Maybe people could clearly indicate
> in the subject whether the issue applies to Tidy, Java Tidy, or
> both.  Another idea would be to set up another mailing list, but
> I don't think it's worth that at this point.

I have no objections to using the W3C list for this, especially if
you can help to make clear that you are maintaing the Java version
and not me.

I will have some time to work on Tidy next week, and have a number
of minor bug fixes in the pipeline.

Best wishes,

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 778 532 0444 (mobile)