tidy 30th November bug with unrecognized closing tag.

From: S Page <spage@macromedia.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:16:32 -0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Great tool!
tidy prints misleading error messages given the following:

<TITLE>Tidy bug with unrecognized tag</TITLE>
            Main area.
                tidy treats the closing bogus tag below as a /td,
                and hence mistakenly complains about all the tags
                after it.
                <input type="submit">

- - - - - - - -

% tidy -errors ~/junk/tidy_bug.html

Tidy (vers 30th November 1999) Parsing "/home/spage/junk/tidy_bug.html"
line 11 column 14 - Error: <bogus_tag> is not recognized!
line 11 column 14 - Warning: discarding unexpected <bogus_tag>
line 16 column 13 - Warning: <hr> isn't allowed in <tr> elements
line 17 column 13 - Warning: <form> isn't allowed in <tr> elements
line 20 column 9 - Warning: discarding unexpected </td>

The last three errors are misleading, we're still in the <td> element.

(I am using an HTML templating system that leaves its own tags in its

=S Page  Macromedia Web site engineer
  "A strange and fantastical object which also amounts to one of the
  most extraordinary and imaginative sculptures created by an English
  artist this century."