Re: Modification to Tidy to Ignore Java Script Template Engine Tags

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:10:03 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
To: Al Medeiros <al_medeiros@hotmail.com>
cc: html-tidy@w3.org
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Al Medeiros wrote:

> We are using the Java Script Template Engine on some of our web
> pages and would like to process the html with Tidy.  The format
> of the JSTE tag is <#...stuff...#>.  I have modified Tidy to
> ignore everything between <# and #>.  This let's our html coders
> work with the code and tidy it without breaking the JSTE tag.
> I was able to do this for the command line version of Tidy by
> modifying html.h, lexer.c, parser.c and pprint.c.  I have
> attached a zip file that contains these four modified files
> (these files are modified from the tidy24nov99 base).  I would
> like this modification in the Tidy plugin in the HTML-Kit but I
> am unable to get that working.  I am hoping Chami may consider
> creating a plugin with this modification included.

I plan to add support for the <#...#> syntax in the December
release of Tidy. Tidy will already work with the <%...%> syntax.
I am sorry to say that it is only recently, that I learned about
JSTE, which accounts for why Tidy doesn't yet know about it.

Regards,

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)