Re: Review my Tidy for DOS tutorial?

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Joe Crawford wrote:

> Hi - new to the list - used Tidy a few times to instamagically
> clean up nasty code -- but found the Windows port kinda klunky -
> the DOS version was more simple.
>
> *LOVE* the Mac version, btw.
>
> Anyway - if the Tidy gods would have a look at this and point
> out any obvious errors or have other suggestions, I'd much
> appreciate it.
>
> Have a look (temporary URL!)
>   http://www.artlung.com/temp/HTML_Tidy.html

I think you should explain the configuration file options which are
*much* more extensive. Furthermore you can now access these via the
command line using the --name syntax.

In addition, the binary you link to is for Win95/98/NT/2000.
However for older systems, you should check out the Tidy386
port which is maintained by Nick B, see:

  http://members.xoom.com/nickbeee/tidy386/

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)