Re: Re: Review my Tidy for DOS tutorial?

At 10:30 AM +0100 11/17/99, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> >Have a look (temporary URL!)
>> >  http://www.artlung.com/temp/HTML_Tidy.html
>>
>> Looks pretty good. A couple of minor grammatical errors. Fortunately the
>> MS-DOS version of Tidy is pretty simple to use.
>
>Ähm, we are talking here of the Win32 Command line Version of HTML Tidy,
>not the MS-DOS Version, this should be corrected.

Yes, I guess you are correct on this one - being a Mac user, I rarely run
MS-DOS applications, and when I do, it is under Windows 9x. So I assume you
can't actually run this version on older configurations running DOS only.

>BTW: http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/tidy.exe seems to be the 27.
>September Version, not as expected the 2x. October Version.

First I think you have the URL wrong - while using the above URL does
indeed download a file (I didn't bother completing the download), it is not
a published URL (that I could find) on the main Tidy page. All the links to
the Win32 Command line version of Tidy, from the main Tidy page are :

<http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy.exe>

Secondly, I downloaded this very file a day or two ago, and it is in fact
the 22 Oct 99 version.

Regards, Terry