Re: Review my Tidy for DOS tutorial?

From: Terry Teague <teague@mailandnews.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:54:00 -0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org
At 11:35 PM -0800 11/16/99, Joe Crawford wrote:
>Hi - new to the list - used Tidy a few times to instamagically clean up
>nasty code -- but found the Windows port kinda klunky - the DOS version
>was more simple.
>
>*LOVE* the Mac version, btw.

How would you  like to write a tutorial for the Mac version <grin>? A
common complaint is new users  don't always figure out on their own how to
use the program. I intend to improve the usability and user interface, and
one day write "real" documentation.

>Anyway - if the Tidy gods would have a look at this and point out any
>obvious errors or have other suggestions, I'd much appreciate it.
>
>Have a look (temporary URL!)
>  http://www.artlung.com/temp/HTML_Tidy.html

Looks pretty good. A couple of minor grammatical errors. Fortunately the
MS-DOS version of Tidy is pretty simple to use. However people should
really read the Overview.html page you point to, in order to get the best
out of Tidy.

I would suggest perhaps adding the use of I/O redirection, and avoiding the
use of the -m option.

e.g. tidy -i -wrap 400 -upper -f errors.txt foo.html > foo.out

Regards, Terry