Re: Yet another table related bug

From: Jussi Vestman <vestman@lut.fi>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 11:04:49 +0300 (EEST)
To: Terry Teague <teague@mailandnews.com>
cc: html-tidy@w3.org
On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Terry Teague wrote:

> OK, when Jussi said "crash", I assumed he didn't get output, and the
> program was abnormally terminated. I offered the output from the Mac OS
> version as an indication of what the output might be had the program not
> "crashed".

In fact it does produce some output after error messages:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<head>
<title>Some title</title>
</head>
<dl>
<dd>
Segmentation fault

I used gdb (gnu debugger) to see what is happening when Tidy crashes. The
Segmentation fault happens at line 797 in pprint.c, when PPrintTag is
trying to access parent of HR element, which is null pointer.

I am bit confused, becouse no one else have been able to reproduce this
bug. My configuration is Red Hat Linux release 6.0, egcs-2.91.66 and glibc
2.1.1.

I noticed that Tidy survives when font tag is not present. I try to figure
out what makes that difference.

---
Mr. Jussi Vestman
An IT student at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland