Re: Request: tidy should replace wrong aligns

From: Michael Nahrath <subotnik@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:01:02 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, html-tidy@w3.org
> Some Microsoft (?) HTML Generators often use ALIGN=middle instead of
> ALIGN=center and some Authors do, too. It would be useable if Tidy replaces
> ALIGN=middle automatically with ALIGN=center if 'middle' is an illegible
> attribut value.

With the IMG-Element ALIGN="middle" is legal and means a kind of vertical
centering, whereas ALIGN="center" is allwais meant horizontally.

So I would prefere an error-message for ALLIGN="middle" more than the
automatic solution. You can not be shure, that ALIGN="center" is what the
author intended.

Greeting,
Michi