Traversing tree nodes

From: New 2Java <new2java@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 16:00:21 GMT
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I am having difficulty traversing the tree tidy.parse() generates. I want to
skip contents of some elements. I have used
"content" and "next" variables of the Node object to traverse the tree. But
they haven't been very useful when skipping contents. Here is an example:
this table</tbody></table>

What would be the correct algorithm to traverse this tree to arrive at "skip
embedded table to this row" row, regardless of the level of embedded tables?