(unknown charset) Re: Question about Font Dropping

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Darren Forcier wrote:

> I'm finding the following document run through Tidy (both 7/26
> and 9/27 releases) seems to drop the font tags regardless of
> whether the configuration file setting Drop Font Tags is turned
> on or off. I have Convert to CSS turned on, but no CSS is
> generated.   If I run it through Tidy once with Convert To CSS
> off though, the Font tag is preserved. Then I can turn Convert
> to CSS back on, run it once more, and the CSS is generated and
> replaces the font perfectly. Here is the progression.

Tidy's AdjustConfig() routine attempts to ensure that the config
options are self-consistent. If you have enabled drop-font-tags, or
logical-emphasis, then Tidy will (currently) automatically enable
the clean option. It's possible that in you example the removal of
the font tags also removed the need for a style rule. I will
investigate this further. Thanks for the examples.

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)