Re: How do I use tidy ?

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Rodeo Red wrote:

> I have read the section on how to run tidy on this webpage,
>
> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy
>
> but I don't see how to follow the instuctions; Specifically:
>
> How to run tidy
>
>             tidy [[options] filename]*
>
> How do I use this ? How do I put any input into the program ?

   tidy -m myfile.html

You may soon find you want to use a config file to set the
detailed options, e.g.

   tidy -config tidy.cfg myfile.html

> Then later it says : To get a list of available options use:
>
>             tidy -help

That is strange as it works fine for me. I wonder what your
platform is?

On Windows, you may find HTML Kit helpful - its an editor
with builtin support for running Tidy.

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)