Re: Tidy for the Mac

From: Terry Teague <teague@mailandnews.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 23:51:58 -0700
To: Tidy <html-tidy@w3.org>
At 1:57 PM -0500 9/17/99, Paul Mycroft wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I would like to ask how this works on the Macintosh?
>
>Thanks, Paul.
>
>Rodeo Red wrote:
>>
>> I have read the section on how to run tidy on this webpage,
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy
>>
>> but I don't see how to follow the instuctions; Specifically:

We can probably take this offline from the mailing list (unless others are
interested), but I am the author of the Mac OS version of Tidy, and can
answer your questions.

I currently have 2 different flavors of the Tidy code that runs on Mac OS,
and while I am still adding features to one of the flavors, they both have
a graphical user interface (GUI), and work like you would expect for any
Mac OS application. Admittedly I haven't provided much additional
documentation over what Dave provides, but at least balloon help is
available for all configuration options.

One of the flavors is a "filter plug-in" for FilterTop, a freely available
batch oriented file manipulation utility, that has a GUI. This flavor
currently provides the most flexibility.

The other flavor is a standalone application, that I have only recently
started work on, and the current public release only supports a single
input/output/error file. The next release (coming soon) will support drag &
drop of multiple files/folders/disks, and multiple input/output/error
files, thereby allowing batch operation.

Both flavors support use of a configuration file as with Tidy on other
platforms.

I suggest you visit my web page, download the software, and see for yourself.

<http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1057/tidy.html>

Feel free to ask further questions.

Regards, Terry