"Missing quotemark" can be a warning?

From: Randy Waki <rwaki@sun10.whizbanglabs.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:40:24 -0600
Lately I seem to be on an unintentional crusade to convert all of Tidy's
errors into warnings. :)

I think the error "missing quotemark for attribute value" (search for
"SUSPECTED_MISSING_QUOTE" in lexer.c) could be changed to a warning.

I've tried this in Java Tidy.  The lexer continues just fine after this
condition is detected.  The resulting attribute value agrees with IE and
Netscape.  (IE and Netscape appear to accept any number of newlines and
unencoded "<" and ">" inside of quoted attribute values.  Of course, Tidy
will output "<" and ">" as properly encoded entities, which IE and Netscape
also accept.)

Am I overlooking something?

Randy