Problem with -raw option

From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@cgi.fr>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:43:33 +0200 (MEST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I am getting a problem using -raw.
The doc says :
  -raw            leave chars > 128 unchanged upon output
Should it not be :
  -raw            leave chars > 128 unchanged upon output and
                  converts SGML entities to ascii. ?

The problem is that &nbsp; is converted to a normal space and is then lost
if I don't use -raw.
If I use -raw, wich is good for internationalization, the file is not
corrupted be becomes harder to read with a text editor.
Is is correct to convert &nbsp; to space ?
Or is there an option I should use to keep my &nbsp; unchanged, even if I
don't want to have my ,  and  changed to SGML entities ?
TIA. Jany.