Problem with Slides/if (node->tag == tag_h2)

From: Bob Paddock <bpaddock@csonline.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:42:07 -0400
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I'd like to be able to use the '--slides' feature of Tidy
for a project that is due on Aug/1.  Alas I can't seem to
get it to work.  Does any one know of program that will do
the same thing?

Dave said he would look into this when he returned from
vacation but that is past my deadline so I thought I'd take
a stab at trying to figure it out.

I've figured out this much in the code fragment below from
pprint.c

int CountSlides(Node *node)
{
    int count = 1;

    for (node = node->content; node; node = node->next)
        if (node->tag == tag_h2)
            ++count;

    return count;
}

the 'if' is never found to be true.  tag_h2 is inized in
tags.c.  I think maybe tag_h2's memory is getting corrupted
but don't really know.

Does any one who has more knowlage of how the node-> parsing
works than I have any ideas?

One thing I tried was in all of the relevant parts of the
slide code I change tag_h2 to tag_hr.  Then every thing
worked just like I'd expect it to.  Then I tried changing to
tag_h3, and it worked the same as tag_h2 did.

Ideas?

--
For information on any of the following check out my WEB site at:
                   http://www.biogate.com/bpaddock/