7-Jul-99 bug: Possible bad pointer when moving <b> inside of <li>

From: Randy Waki <rwaki144@whizbanglabs.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:26:21 -0600
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Thanks for Tidy!  It's proving invaluable.

I have some apparent bugs to report (in this and subsequent messages).

The HTML document below has a <b> outside of an <li> rather than inside it.
I think this is causing 7-Jul-99 Tidy to dereference a bad pointer in
istack.c, InsertedToken(), line 235:

    istack = lexer->insert;

Symptoms seem to vary depending on the contents of memory.  One (much
longer) incarnation of this example document caused Tidy to generate the
invalid start tag "<\0x18\0x0d\0x0a\0x30>" along with the corresponding end
tag.  Also, Andy Quick's 7-Jul-99 Java Tidy throws an
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException every time (which is what leads me to suspect
the above mentioned line).

-------- Example HTML document --------
      <li>item 1</li>