The cols attribute on TEXTAREA isn't recognised as valid HTML 4.0 Strict

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:23:15 +0200
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi!

I've found a small bug in TIDY. When I use the cols attribute on the TEXTAREA element, TIDY gives the warning "html doctype doesn't match content" and changes document type declartion to Transitional.

I guess this is because you can't use the Frameset element (with the cols attribute) in the Strict DTD. The cols attribute is actually _required_ on the TEXTAREA element.

Regards,
Karl Ove Hufthammer