Re: [Fwd: My future of HTML position paper]

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor writes:
>  > use a graphics programs to create a GIF file, I'd use a MathML editor to
>  > create my MathML document and embed it the same way I embed an image in my
>  > document.
>
> I wonder how many mathematicians who use TeX write
>
>   It is a universally acknowledged truth that \input{1001.tex} is a
>   good thing
>
> and then open 1001.tex and type \epsilon=mc^2
>
> I suspect they are not very productive.

Good point.  I was thinking about the block level numbered formulas that
often appear in documents.  The actual MathML is quite large.  I wasn't
thinking about simple inline formulas.

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''