From: Adam Cooper <cooperad@bigpond.com>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2024 12:03 AM
To: 'Ginger Claassen' <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Table question

Ginger,

Why is the resize button ok for screen reader users (who most often use only a keyboard) and not so for keyboard only users?

Is it because the resize feature cannot be reached using the TAB key, but can be focused using quick navigation keys provided by the screen reader?

If so, this is a failure of 2.4.3 rather than 2.1.1 in my view given that the resize feature can be activated once it is focused.

or have I misunderstood the issue you describe?

Cheers,
Adam