(unknown charset) Re: progresive enhancement, and wcag guides?

Michael,
I am unsure of your professional grounding,  but I  am wondering why, in
your opinion, discussing a process which by its definition is designed to
broaden  accessibility across populations, is counterproductive?
It seems a debate, with those who spend their professional time on WCAG,
or live with how the guidelines are implemented is part of why we are
here.
counterproductive is a blanket lane to make around what  has been shown to
benefit  accessibility.
Goodness, that would be like my claiming, not that I ever would, that
braille focus is counterproductive, even if statistically less than 10% of
the sight loss population are braille users.  Or saying such because I do
not use personally, knowing three recently blinded individuals who choose
not to use Braille.
Blanket  condemnation does not educate, speaking personally.