RE: Breadcrumb text links - are they intended for 2.5.8 ?

The problem is not with adjacent links, and the content above and below is not likely to be close enough to be a problem. However, if the breadcrumb wraps onto multiple lines, which often happens in mobile layouts, the vertical spacing between the links may be small enough that the SC is violated.

My view is that the "Inline" exception would not apply because the breadcrumb as a whole and its constituent parts are not sentences. Also, the target size is not constrained by the line-height of non-target text because there is no reason why the line height cannot be increased if necessary.

Steve

From: Kevin Prince <kevin.prince@fostermoore.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2023 10:06 PM
To: Steve Green <steve.green@testpartners.co.uk>; Leighton, Chris <Christopher.Leighton@team.telstra.com>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Breadcrumb text links - are they intended for 2.5.8 ?

Woukld they not pass as long as a 24x24 bounding box does not cross an adjacent link/control. Given the typical location of breadcrumbs and the length of each word I'd say they are likely to be compliant (if ugly)

kevin

Kevin Prince
Product Accessibility & Usability Consultant

Foster Moore
A Teranet Company

E kevin.prince@fostermoore.com<mailto:kevin.prince@fostermoore.com>
Christchurch