Re: Accessibility of Details Element

Thanks George. I’m still unclear as to how screenreaders — let’s take VoiceOver as an example — convey the information in aria-details to the user. For example, as a test, I added aria-details (pointing to the id of a details element) to a form field. But when I enter the form field, nothing from aria-details is announced. Am I doing this incorrectly? (aria-described by works fine here, by the way). Although I am testing VO in Safari, I do see that the aria-details info is listed in the Chrome dev tools accessibility tab, so the browser recognizes it.

Thanks, Peter