Re: How can a countdown timer for an online test conform to WCAG 2.1

We tend to recommend 5 and 10 minute warnings announce via alerts, just so
long as the announcement isn't persistent. (I saw one timer that announced
every time the second update, but took longer than a second to announce the
time remaining, so eventually the announced time was many minutes off of
the actual time. An ARIA alert isn't quite enough, but it should also be
easily discoverable. Consider coding the timer text as a heading element to
be a heading for easy access whenever a candidate wants to know how much
time is remaining via the screen reader heading list.

Levon