Re: Input Control and Buttons Focus Contrast

Ashraf,

The Techniques are non-normative (which means they are not requirements).
There are currently no objective color contrast requirements in WCAG 2.0
for input control and button focus.

But, we are drafting a proposed SC for WCAG 2.1.  It has been drafted and
will soon be getting input from the current AG working group...then
hopefully it will make the cut for a public review in the First Public
Working Draft (FPWD) of WCAG 2.1.

If you are curious, you can go see what has been drafted so far at

https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/pull/128
User Interface Component Contrast (Minimum)

I'll repeat for clarity, this is an early draft proposal for a potential
new success criterion for WCAG 2.1.  This is not a formal requirement yet.
But it is interesting to see the direction we might be able to go with this.

Cheers,
Glenda

glenda sims    |   team a11y lead   |    deque.com    |    512.963.3773

*web for everyone. web on everything.* -  w3 goals