Re: How do you deal with false claims of accessibility conformance?

> They own copyright in the logos, and can certainly write a cease-and-desist letter to anyone who uses the logo to back their claim.

But the logistics of that are (potentially) enormous, and without any
legal weight behind it to give it teeth,
then that approach is useless.

>> What it they don't use the logo, and only make a claim in textual form
>> or designed their own button/logo?

Would the design of their own conformance logo add to the possible
conformance "Tower of babel"?

Josh

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 03:42:12 +0200, Patrick H. Lauke
>> <redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> I can't obviously speak for W3C/WAI, but I'd think that they're not
>>> overjoyed by inaccessible sites making false/inaccurate claims...but
>>> then again, they have no power to do anything about it, afaik.
>>
>> They could if they wanted to. They own copyright in the logos, and can
>> certainly write a cease-and-desist letter to anyone who uses the logo
>> to back their claim.
>
> What it they don't use the logo, and only make a claim in textual form
> or designed their own button/logo?

represent the views of NCBI