Re: Screen readers - usage stats?

Back off bud,

Nick Kew said:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Steven Dale wrote:
>
>> Open source users and developers are pretty proud of their software.
>> You might try asking a survey online....
>
> Erm, that's a sweeping generalisation with which I can't identify.

  I was responding to someone asking how to get usage stats for open source.
I, as a developer with some open source projects, know how proud of their
work they are.  It was said in a helpful way and reflected no defamitory
remarks to those who use or develop open source applications.

But you seemed to snip that out didnt ya...

> Neither can those many developers and users who, for example, take a
> path of least resistance by having Konqueror identify itself as MSIE.

I know not why Konqueror takes that path and I dont wish to speculate on
that. I suppose Apache hides under the Cisco name brand as well???

> Or the many of us who care more about privacy than yet-another-survey.

Erm, then dont fill out the survey, it's your choice.  But don't impede
others who wish to state their opinions such as on this list, source
forge, wikis, and blogs.  Many good results have been through surveys and
many more shall come.  If you arent interested in it fine but I hope you
certainly are not a consultant or a developer for how would you know what
the market wants? Oh thats right, you know it all....